Faculty, Staff, and Student Employee Safety Training
Workday Learning Resources
Workday Learning lets supervisors assign training and review their employees' progress.
Numerous Workday Learning knowledge base articles are available through the Service Now Portal. In the portal, you can find video-based tutorials that are one minute or less, and several one-page quick-reference guides to navigate the new system.
If you have Workday Learning questions related to EH&S's safety training courses please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have additional Workday Learning questions after reviewing the Service Now Portal articles, you can email email@example.com.
EH&S Guides for Workday Learning:
- How to verify Workday Learning course completions
- Training certificates are NOT available in Workday Learning and training records will not be transferred over from Learn@ISU to Workday Learning.
- Searching for courses (video)
- Reviewing a Direct Report’s training history (video)
- Viewing your learning history (video)
Student Safety Training
Students will complete their required safety training for classes in Canvas. Safety training must be assigned to students by their course instructor. Students do not take training for classes in Workday Learning. Students do not have access to Workday Learning. Student employees are the only ones that have access to Workday Learning and can take job-based safety training if they are in Workday as an employee. Being in Workday Student does not provide access to Workday Learning.
To better assist faculty in assigning safety training for their academic courses, we created the table below to help you direct students to the appropriate training and to ensure that students can complete the necessary safety training to work in laboratories, shops, and other spaces on campus.
|Where do I take training?
|Registered Students (SIS)
|Student (non-paid TA or RA, for a club, or using lab/makerspaces)
|Access to student records or using specific equipment
|Hourly Student Employee or Graduate Assistant (hourly wage or stipend)
|For content related to their hourly job or appointment
Course instructors can review the job aid below on how to assign EH&S safety training within Canvas:
Students who take training in Canvas can create course completion certificates to show that they successfully completed a specific safety training course. Reminder: faculty, staff, student researchers, and student employees who complete safety training in Workday Learning cannot create course completion certificates.
If you have Canvas questions related to specific EH&S's safety training courses please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding Canvas functionality or system-related issues, please contact email@example.com.
Training for IBC Protocol
Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to complete necessary training requirements.
External Affiliates Training
Our safety training courses are available to learners who are Iowa State University External Affiliates, such as visiting scholars and ISU Research Park employees. To request external access, please send a message to email@example.com.
- EH&S Course Catalog on Workday Learning - This link will launch Workday Learning and show all courses offered under the EH&S section of Workday Learning.
- CPR/AED/First Aid training - This site provides information related to the CPR, AED, and First Aid training that is approved by EH&S for the campus community. Requests for group sessions can also be made through this page.
- Laboratory Specific Training - A guide to be adequately trained for laboratory-based work.
- Radiation Training Requirements - A table summarizing the required training you must take to work with radiation on campus.
- EH&S Publications Library - A comprehensive list of all EH&S publications.
- EH&S Safety Training Videos - A series of safety-related videos.
EH&S Courses in Development
- Welding and Cutting
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Lead in Construction
- Avoiding Back Injury
If you have questions about safety training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.