Employees who work with hazardous chemicals outside a laboratory setting must receive Hazard Communication training as required by OSHA. Supervisors are encouraged to provide site-specific training that covers the unique chemical hazards that may be encountered by their staff. Contact EH&S for assistance.
The Hazard Communication Plan details the requirements of the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, and are summarized below.
- Assign staff to assure compliance with the standard
- Prepare and submit an inventory of hazardous chemicals
- Ensure all chemical containers are labeled
- Obtain a safety data sheet for each chemical
- Make safety data sheets available to employees
- Conduct and document training of employees
- Hazard Communication Plan
- Online Training
- Safety Data Sheets
- OSHA Hazard Communication
- OSHA GHS Factsheet
- Safety Data Sheet Quick Card
- Labeling Quick Card Sample
- Pictograms Quick Card