Safety of faculty, staff, students and visitors are top priority at Iowa State University. The Emergency Response Guide video contains important emergency and safety information for our campus community.
- Call 911 in an emergency. Report suspicious activity or objects to ISU Police at 515-294-4428.
- During a campus emergency, go to www.iastate.edu for additional information.
- Classroom management emergencies:
- Call ISU Police for immediate health/safety classroom concerns at 515-294-4428.
- For other concerns regarding classroom management, contact the instructor and/or chair of the academic department for guidance.
- Refer to the Emergency Response Guide posted in classrooms to find:
- Keep your contact information up to date for ISU Alert.
- Additional emergency information is available at www.ehs.iastate.edu/prep/students.
- Check ISU Police Facebook (www.facebook.com/ISUPD) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/ISUPD).
- Violent Incident Response Training (VIRT) helps you be better prepared during an act of violence on campus and understand the principles of Avoid - Deny - Defend.
ISU Police Resources
- ISU Police offers safety tips to help you protect yourself and prepare for unexpected or crisis situations.
- Faculty Safety Checklist prompts faculty to take precautions in the classroom.
- Emergency information links are available at Stay Safe at Iowa State.
- If walking to your car leaves you feeling uneasy or apprehensive, call ISU Department of Public Safety Escort Service at 515-294-4444.
- Having car trouble while on campus? Call the Help Van at 515-294-4444.