Check out these tips for working remotely or in a home office.
Ergonomics is the science that addresses human performance factors (human engineering) and how they relate to the job, the workplace, tools, and the environment. An overview of EH&S' ergonomic program is available in Ergonomics Introduction.
EH&S offers courses in office ergonomics and sprains and strains prevention, as well as ergonomic worksite evaluations. To request a worksite evaluation by EH&S:
- Inform your supervisor about your concerns and that you would like to schedule an evaluation.
- Fill out the Ergonomic Questionnaire (PDF) and submit to EH&S.
- Provide an worktag. Basic ergonomic evaluations are available for a fee. Refer to the Fee for Services (PDF) for pricing.
- Call EH&S at (515) 294-5359 to schedule an evaluation.
All employees seeking treatment for work-related injuries or illnesses, including ergonomic medical concerns, must first notify their supervisors. Supervisors or employees must complete an incident report through the ISU Incident Portal within 24 hours of a work-related injury or illness.
To arrange ergonomic equipment installations or other workstation modifications, contact Central Stores at (515) 294-8484.
- American Optometric Association - The Effects of Video Display Terminal Use on Eye Health and Vision
- ErgoWeb - Information on Ergonomic Products and Equipment
- Lifting Techniques- Sponsored by U.S. Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine
- NIOSH - Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Office Ergonomics
- Office Furniture Spot - Fitting Office Furniture to Workers Needs
- Typing Injuries - Frequently Asked Questions
Ergonomics eBook (PDF) An eBook Resource: Not a Course for Credit