(Iowa State University NetID Login)
EH&S hosts a campus-wide chemical inventory database to meet the requirements of the Iowa State University Right to Know and Laboratory Safety programs. Faculty and staff are responsible for keeping their chemical inventory records up to date. Each work space is required to maintain an annual chemical inventory.
- If you have reviewed your chemical inventory and there are no changes, select the Update button.
- You may enter individual chemical information line by line.
- You may upload a CSV (Comma delimited) file format.
- Format your file as shown in the table below or the upload will not work.
- The following units are accepted: fl oz, oz, gal, lb, kg, g, mg, L, mL, uL, pt, qt and ft.
- Quantity should be the total volume of a chemical, not the number of containers.
- *The Item ID column must be blank before the file is uploaded. The database will autofill the item ID.
- The italicized items are required.
|*Item ID||Chemical Name||Manufacturer||Concentration||Quantity||Unit||CAS #||Storage Location|
|Acetone (do not include %)||Sigma||100%||8||L||67-64-1||Flammables Cabinet|
If you would like to add persons to assist with inventory entries, please contact EH&S at (515) 294-5359 or email@example.com.