Fire and evacuation alarms are intended to alert building occupants that a fire or other life-threatening situation exists. Upon hearing the alarm, everyone should leave the building immediately. In the event of a fire, the following steps should be taken to ensure the safety of all building occupants:
- Activate the fire alarm.
- Call 911 immediately and provide information.
- Assist injured personnel or notify emergency responders of the medical emergency.
- Exit the building following emergency maps.
- Assist physically impaired individuals to a secure area and notify emergency responders.
- Ensure all personnel are out of the building.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Use a fire extinguisher only if safe to do so and you have been trained.
- Assemble personnel at a remote location noted on evacuation maps.
- Report hazardous conditions.
- Stay low if confronted with smoke. Check closed doors for heat before opening.
- Stay away from the building until it is safe to return.
- Building Information - View your building emergency maps
- Emergency Evacuation Guidelines for Persons Needing Assistance
- Emergency Notification, Response and Evacuation Policy
- Fire Safety Guidelines - detailed evacuation instructions