The Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost, the Office of the Vice President for Research, Department of Agriculture and Biosystems Engineering, and Environmental Health and Safety are presented a Symposium on Research Safety and Compliance.
The symposium, held Wednesday, October 12, 2016 served as a primer for research faculty, graduate students, and post docs in areas such as general safety, fire safety, radiation safety, inventory control, and hazardous materials management.
Dr. Robert Emery, Vice President for Safety, Health, Environment, and Risk Management and Associate Professor of Occupational Health at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and the University of Texas School of Public Health Full CV
Dr. Mark McLellan, Vice President for Research and Dean of Graduate Studies, Utah State University Full Bio
Punctures and Lacerations
Dr. Lisa Nolan, Dr. Stephen G. Juelsgaard Dean's Chair in Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University. Full Bio
Research Laboratory Fires
Dr. Steve Martin, Distinguished Professor, Materials Science and Engineering, Iowa State University. Full Bio
Ames Laboratory Ball-Milling Incident
Dr. Thomas Lograsso, Director, Materials Science and Engineering and Ames Laboratory of US DOE. Full Bio
Learn more about safety in our universities, click here to read A guide to implementing a SAFETY CULTURE in our universities.
- Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost
- Office of the Vice President of Research
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Ethical Decision Making Tools for Enhancing Organizational Safety Culture by Dr. Robert Emery
- A guide to implementing a SAFETY CLUTURE in our universities by Dr. Mark McLellan
- Lab Fire 3324 Hoover Hall by Dr. Steve W. Martin
- Ball Mill Event by Dr. Thomas Lograsso