- If you hear a tornado siren while inside a building, go to a basement or windowless interior room on the lowest level; restrooms often are best. Avoid outside walls, elevators,windows and buildings with large expansive roof structures, like the Armory. Many campus buildings have designated severe weather shelter areas.
- If you are outside and hear the tornado siren, go to the nearest building and follow the same procedures.
- If you are driving a car and debris begins flying around you, pull over, park, and
- stay in the car, buckle your seatbelt and keep your head below the windows and cover it with your hands or a blanket, or
- if you can safely get to a ditch or area lower than the road, exit the car, lie down and cover your head.
- If there is no time to escape or find shelter, lie flat in a ditch or depression, avoiding areas subject to flooding in heavy rains.
Building Information - Find evacuation maps, shelter locations, notification plans and weather coordinators for your building.